Have a Vision
Let us start with the fact about what a vision is ? Vision is nothing but having a clear picture of what we want and what we really lead our life into? A vision is a powerful tool that if we develop within us will definitely lead us to achieve our goal and pursue our dreams. We can have lots of dreams, desires and can set goals but everything becomes meaningless if there is no clear vision.
1. Vision and Goal
While vision is seen an important aspect of our life but it should not be confused with goals. The vision is a clear picture of what you want yourselves to be while Goal are specific targets that moves you towards your vision. Vision is a broader perspective which makes you to realise where you are and where you want to be.
2. Why vision is important?
Vision is a long term perspective of the future, dreams and goal. It is looking beyond the boundary that our eyes can see. Its not a dream which cannot be fulfilled rather it’s a dream that is impossible and snatching our sleep. Vision is where we want and desire to go but we dare not treading on the way because of the fear of the failure.
The moment you fear, that very moment you have failed and making your life full of suffocation and self hatred. More precisely, personal vision is what moves you in a specific direction in your professional and personal life. The key elements to develop a vision are: being open to receiving what inspiration offers, and acting upon it. Developing of a clear vision is a process trough which, you learn to know yourself, abilities, talents, and aspirations. Holding a personal vision is the best way to face the several changes you experience during your life. Because, beyond every unsuspected circumstance, or moments of indecision about the next step, your personal vision leads you toward the desired destination.
3. How to have a Vision?
You might be thinking that I am going to explain to you about various steps that you might be following to have a vision in your life, then you are wrong. Vision is something which you have to develop within yourselves. The premises under which you can develop your vision are:
• Discovery of the Ideal Self: Who do you want to be?
• Assessment of the Real Self as compared to the Ideal Self: Who are you?
• Strengths: where your Ideal Self and Real Self are similar.
• Gaps: where your Ideal Self and Real Self are different.
• Formulation of a learning agenda: building on your strengths while reducing gaps.
• Practice and experimentation with new behaviours.
• The support of resonant relationship.
4. 10 ways to make your Vision
These are not the steps but synopsis on which you can develop your own vision:
1. Visualise your dreams.
2. Remember the moments when you are eternally happy.
3. Think those things that you want but misses out.
4. Don’t keep within your limitations.
5. See yourself where you want to be.
6. Prepare your mission statement.
7. Set out your priorities.
8. Try to get feedback from reliable sources.
9. Keep company of positive people.
10. Keep yourself flexible.
Single statement on vision- It is nothing but seeing yourself where you want to be that will give you blissful happiness.
Have a Vision